Marwood Ltd. is a dynamic producer of value added forest products for residential, commercial and industrial construction industries. With several operations in Atlantic Canada, we serve markets throughout North America and Europe.
We are currently looking to fill the position of a Controller at our Head Office located just outside of Fredericton, in Tracyville, NB.
In this role, you will get to work within each division of Marwood Ltd to support our continued growth. As part of the finance team, you will get to work on diverse and challenging projects that will support all levels of the organization.
Working with the VP of Finance, your key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the accounting functions to ensure sound accounting practices and adherence to GAAP.
- Ensuring adherence to existing financial controls and identification and implementation of improved business practices and controls as appropriate
- Assisting with preparation of annual business plan and ongoing business forecasting
- Preparation and analysis of timely and accurate monthly and annual financial statement and managerial reports
- Assistance with annual year end audit process
- Reviewing and coordinating with division managers the appropriate financial information and key benchmarks to measure and improve operating performance of divisions to ensure optimum decision making
We are seeking a motivated self-starter with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with a high attention to detail. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of key business objectives and processes and will have an opportunity to grow and develop into a key member of the finance group providing leadership, planning and strategic guidance and support to all levels of the organization.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in business / commerce with a CPA designation with some exposure to a manufacturing environment. They will be comfortable working with and driving controls within an ERP environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com by January 3, 2020.