Marwood Ltd. is a dynamic producer of value-added forest products for residential, commercial and industrial construction industries. With operations in Atlantic Canada and the United States. We serve markets throughout North America and Europe.
Are you a self-driven, entrepreneurial-minded individual with a strong sense of urgency who wants to work on a winning team? If so, we are looking for you! Marwood Ltd is currently looking for a Purchasing Manager to join the team at our head office, located just outside of Fredericton, New Brunswick.
As part of the Procurement Team and reporting directly to the VP Purchasing, you will be responsible
- Sourcing, negotiating and purchasing wood products to support all aspects of our business.
- Developing and maintaining supplier relationships.
- Staying current with the forest products markets and trends.
- Working with all departments at Marwood to optimize business performance and improve business results.
To be successful in this role, the following skills / qualifications are required:
- 5 years of experience in lumber purchasing and/or sales.
- Proven negotiation skills and an ability to analyze numbers.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Works well under pressure to achieve deadlines and company goals.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with strong business ethics and a high attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and willingness to learn other programs as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business preferred; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset.
- Valid Passport and Driver’s License are required.
As part of the Marwood Team, you will receive:
- Competitive compensation
- Annual bonus program opportunity
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Group RRSP matching program
If you are interested in joining the Marwood Ltd team please submit your resume by Friday, May 26, 2023 to email@example.com.
Attention: Human Resources
We thank all applicants in advance however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.